As we continue to build PeakEmployee we’ve experienced a lot of highs and lows over the course of the year. “Hey, we landed XYZ as a client!” and “Oh no we lost the bid for ABC!” And the list goes on and on and up and down as related to all of the machinations of a startup — wins and losses, rinse and repeat.
As the year progressed I put a number of quotes on my desk related to how I was feeling at various times to remind and/or inspire me. Some were related to business and some were a bit more personal but I thought a few were worth sharing. Hopefully some of these will help you in 2016!
- “The bitterness created from adopting an inferior product far outlasts the sweetness of the cost savings.” — Unknown
- “You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.” — Winnie the Pooh
- “Customers may forget what you said but they’ll never forget how you made them feel.” — Unknown
- “We need to pay employees more to retain them — specifically we need to pay them more attention.” — Unknown
- “Integrity is doing the right thing when when no one is watching.” — C.S. Lewis
Happy Holidays and may you have a great 2016!